Saturday, July 09, 2005

A House for $24,000?

I've been traveling the last 10 days through Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and Utah to see relatives. Naturally I had to take a look at real estate prices. In Lovell, Wyoming I saw a 2 bedroom 1 bath home listed at $24,000. You could buy a 4 acre 4 bedroom in Powell Wyoming for $160,000. In Loveland, CO, close to FT. Collins you can find a beautiful home 3 blocks from the lake for $289,000. New homes are everywhere often under $300,000. Traffic is minimal compared to the 405. The country is beautiful and I am amazed by the open space. Of course the weather can be tricky. In Lovell it can reach 30 below zero. Summer temps in CO are often over 90 and the mosquitos call you by name as they bite.
So even though I gripe about the traffic I guess I will always be a California girl .

No comments: