Friday, October 12, 2007

Manhattan Beach: Homes Sold by Age


I thought graphing homes that have sold by the year they were built was an intriguing idea. I actually saw it on a post where the area had a number of historic homes. Sadly we have few of those left in Manhattan Beach. However the idea stuck and I decided to do a graph showing the number of homes that have sold since January 1, 2007 in Manhattan Beach by the year they were built. So far this year the MLS shows there have been 291 homes close escrow in Manhattan Beach. There are probably 20 more that didn't reach the MLS but let's go with that number.





I was fascinated to note that the highest number of homes sold by age are those built in the 50's and in 2000-2006.... 50 years apart. I wonder if we will look back in 20 years and see these times as the years when building boomed at the beach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Kaye and a fabulous marketing tool for listing properties. This helps narrow down just what buyers are looking for in todays market. Mind if I use the same approach in my area?

Kaye said...

This would be fun to do in Long Beach..you have such an eclectic mix of homes...Can't wait to see how it works for you..