Monday, December 31, 2007

California: Behind the Scenes..How to Make a Rose Parade Float




Float Decorating for the 119th Tournment of Roses Parade January 1, 2008


This year marks 119th year of the Tournament of Roses Parade in Pasadena. If you have only seen the parade it's hard to realize just how spectacular the floats are or how much work goes into them...

My sister is here from Colorado with my nieces...so we decided to go see the Rose Parade floats being decorated. About 10 years ago I got to work on a float and it was so much fun. My family loved getting to see how the floats come together. If you have never gone I highly recommend the tour.

Happy New Year ... Here's to a Great 2008...




4 comments:

Laurie Manny said...

Great video Kaye. The floats are amazing. Happy New Year.

Kaye said...

Laurie,
Happy New Year to you!.. We had a great time.. the girls were really excited this morning when they saw "their floats" in the parade.. P.S. I took all the photos with my phone camera..I was surprised at how well they came out..

The Pair Affair Podcast said...

Thanks for the insight on the Rose Bowl parade. It was so nice to see the process of making the floats.

Kaye said...

Geo,
You should go up if you have the cahnce.. tickets are $5 and you visit two different float barns.